So I took a bit of a hiatus there for a few weeks. I haven’t been doing much and I guess I wasn’t inspired enough to blog. It seems that every late November through December gets hectic and anxiety-ridden, with thoughts of how you’re going to pay for presents (or pay down credit cards to pay for presents) overshadowing the joyous holiday season. But, I have read a few of my favorite blogs, glanced through the beauty sections of my favorite magazines and even ordered a couple “How To Be A Successful Blogger” books from Amazon. So, the blogging inspiration has finally struck and I hope to write a bunch of posts in the next few days, many of them filled with holiday-themed gifts and goodies to get myself back into the “joy” of this wonderful beauty gift-giving season.
Product Review: Smashbox Photo Finish Luminizing Foundation Primer
I started a draft of this post a couple weeks ago so that I could do a product review on my newest primer love: Smashbox’s Photo Finish Luminizing Foundation Primer ($38 for 1 oz.). I always jump to buy products that are supposed to give you that luminous, dewy finish and I am happy to say this product is one of them. I heard such great things about Smashbox‘s primers; there are nine different primers for under-foundation use – truly one for every skin type.
This primer is the first thing I put on my face during my daily makeup routine (after moisturizer, of course). I apply it with my fingers and instantly see how it fills my pores and “lines” (I have young skin, so I don’t have too many lines — but it certainly blurs imperfections), just like the product description boasts. I wouldn’t wear Smashbox’s luminizing primer by itself, as it makes my face look a little too shiny, although, when applied under my BB Cream and foundation, this primer adds a dewy glow to the rest of my daily routine. This primer acts as a canvas for foundation (and BB Cream), extending the staying time of both products throughout the day.
Smashbox’s Photo Finish Luminizing Foundation Primer comes complete with a silky blend of vitamins and antioxidants that smooths and perfects skin, formulated with Vitamins A, C, and E, Grape Seed Extract and Green Tea for antioxidant protection. It is also oil-free and formulated without parabens. I find that this primer does go on silky-smooth, creating the perfect base for the rest of my makeup. My foundation and BB Cream stay put all day long and my face gives off a much more luminous glow than it ever did with other primers I have used.
The Breakdown: Overview of Smashbox’s Photo Finish Foundation Primers. Find your perfect primer:
Smashbox’s award-winning line of primers comes complete with nine different formulas for every skin type. Smashbox’s website also has a Primer Finder so that you can find your perfect shade. Here is a breakdown of the foundation primers Smashbox has to offer:
- Smashbox Photo Finish More Than Primer Dark Spot Correcting: A clinically-proven formula that smoothes the appearance of dark spots, fine lines and pores. ($42; Smashbox.com)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer: Smashbox’s original award-winning foundation primer. ($36; Smashbox.com)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light: The Studio Artist’s Favorite oil-free formula that perfects oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin. ($36; Smashbox.com)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer SPF 15 with Dermaxyl Complex: An anti-aging primer with SPF 15 that helps protect against the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays. ($42; Smashbox.com)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Luminizing Primer: My primer of choice, which has a velvety formula that helps fill fine lines and pores, with age-fighting oxidants, leaving skin luminous and glowing. ($38; Smashbox.com)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer: This primer quenches skin and seals in moisture for hours, perfect for those with dry, flaky skin. ($42; Smashbox.com)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Color-Correcting Balance Foundation Primer: The primer for color-correcting, wrinkle-reducing and dark spot-defying. This lavender-toned primer brightens dull or shallow skin. ($38; Smashbox.com)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Color-Correcting Blend Foundation Primer: An apricot-toned primer that evens skin tone and counteracts discoloration and dark spots. ($38; Smashbox.com)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Color-Correcting Adjust Foundation Primer: A green-toned primer to reduce redness as it corrects color, reduces wrinkles and defies dark spots. ($38; Smashbox.com)
Many of these primers by Smashbox have won various awards from beauty magazines, websites and stores. Check out the links above for a more in-depth description of each.